Friday, July 6, 2012

This course was a good learning experience! Even though we all came into it angry and unhappy, I think we all enjoyed it in the end. Another awesome round of presentations! Thanks Kamran for my name! I'm going to miss everyone, even though it's only been a short time that we've all been together, but we were a really good group that liked to have fun.

So the final essay, I didn't really have much time to work on it. I've been really busy. I had a lot of issues with paperwork and offices shutting down for my next chapter in my life, The United States Navy. The Navy is my number one priority. Well I really have no choice hah. I must go where they tell me and do what they tell me to do when they want me to do it. So I'm bummed about my paper. I think if I had more time I could have written it better. If only I didn't have to have so many meetings with my recruiters and master chief. Sorry Paul!

So today I completed and passed my physical. Then I took my oath and was sworn into the US Navy. I am now a sailor. Crazy!

It all started with my recruiter picking me and another recruit. We were ready to head out to the MEPS office in Sacramento. But there were issues with Sacramento office being shut down for changing of command or something. So last minute my recruiter had to pull some strings to get us into San Jose MEPs, which already had more than 40 applicants. Luckily we got in! So we arrived at the Holiday Inn in San Jose, by the airport. There were so many recruits coming from all over California. Some as far as Fresno and Visalia. We had meetings and briefings about what we had to do and what to wear etc. Then we had a curfew at 10pm. We were woken up at 3am to get ready and eat breakfast. We had to line up outside of hotel by 4:50am for the shuttle to pick us up and take us to MEPS, where we will be having our physical. We were lined up and set to go to the medical wing. There were about 45 candidates waiting to get their full physical. So there was a lot of waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and I wish you the best in the Navy

    ReplyDelete