Monday, June 25, 2012

I am so bored and there really isn't anything to do besides look over my assignments and presentation so I decided to write another blog.

After reading some other blogs everyone wrote about the "documentary" that we watched in class. I loved it! It reminded me of things that me and my friends used to do when we were younger. Then just had no time for it mainly because of college. I really miss creating things. I loved doing art. Before being a Marine biology major I was  an Art major. My concentration was in ceramics. But before that I used to do a lot of stencil work on shirts and record sleeves for really obscure hardcore/screamo/deathcore/noisecore/punk bands hah. So many labels in music! I even tried incorporating stencil work onto ceramic pieces by using over/underglazes. It was pretty cool. I miss having time to actually do art. I think there's too much emphasis on academics. Everyone should do some fucking art! Try out different mediums and see what you like. Who knows you might discover your inner Pablo Picasso or something. It really is amazing when you get to express yourself through art. It can be hard work though, but totally worth it when you see the finished product of what you created!

I remember sitting on the floor spending hours drawing free hand then cutting out all the positive/negative spaces for the stencil with an exacto knife equipped with a #11 blade. Took so much time! Especially the really complicated ones composed of several layers. Going out late at night with stencils hidden in a pizza box and some homemade wheat paste. I was never really all that talented, but I had lots of fun doing it. Good times.

Some random stuff of old work I had in my closet. Nothing really fancy, just the least offensive ones haha.



 So give it a go!











1 comment:

  1. wow those are some awesome drawings...art can seem boring at first, but once your doing something and start it, you don't want to stop, and you want to finish and see what you can accomplish, then you fall in love with the work you created. It is crazy what you can do with the time, patience, I agree I miss it too and never have the time to do art, but when I've had to do it for projects, I have always loved my results and kept them for memories to always look back on...I still look at them now when i am bored. great work again.

    ReplyDelete