Wednesday, June 20, 2012

When I think about it our version of Perls experiment was very helpful and kind of fun. I can tell by what I discovered about myself as a writer and my many obstacles I have with the writing process that I was unaware of. Now I know what I really need to work on and ultimately will help me improve how I write. Hopefully. All in all it was a good and useful experience. Exhausting but still good hah. During the peer review I saw that it helped others understand their writing process better as well. So I say it was a success. I also found that we had pretty much the same issues that we were concerned about. I really enjoy reading everyone else's paper. I learned a lot during that peer review process as well. Ruili and Kamran have good systems with planning out how to write their papers. I think I'm going to try them out next time. Thanks guys!

 It was actually pretty funny listening to my recording while I was doing my transcription. I was pretty much laughing at myself the whole time that I was transcribing. I think I might be kind of crazy haha.

The three letter assignment we were introduced to looks like it will be lots of fun. I love how we get to branch out and experience writing different genres. Me and some friends used to yelp. It was actually really entertaining. The yelp community is pretty awesome and weird and hilarious all at the same time. You have your yelp stars with crazy elaborate descriptive stories. Which is the kind of reviews we wrote haha. Good times. It's been a while though since I've even looked at yelp. We only ever reviewed restaurants. It will be interesting to write about the bookstore to different audiences. I think the hardest one would be the one to the President. Have to be careful with the vocabulary that we use and how we approach it. Try not to fly off the handle haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment